How long does a BBL last
Everyone would love to have the perfect body. But that’s often easier said than done. Sometimes your body seems to remain the same no matter how hard you work out or diet.
The Brazilian bum lift is one of the latest crazes in cosmetic surgery. This procedure allows you to transfer fat from your belly and other where it’s in excess to your backside. This gives you a fuller, more perfectly shaped bum.
It’s safe to say that the results of a BBL surgery are more permanent than merely exercising. However, it’s wise to look into everything involved in the process before getting the procedure done.
What Does A BBL Surgery Entail?
A BBL surgery involves grafting fat cells onto your bottom. Unlike most bum-augmentation procedure, the results are more natural-looking. Here is how it’s done;
- The surgeon administers local anaesthesia to numb the patient from the effects of liposuction. Anti-nausea medication may also be used to counter the nauseating effects of anaesthesia.
- Liposuction is then used to draw fat from unwanted areas of the body. Such areas include the belly, thighs and hips. The surgeon does so by making incisions in these areas and drawing fat using a special vacuum tube.
- The extracted fat is then purified to make reinjecting it back into your body healthy and safe.
- The surgeon reinjects the purified fat onto specific parts of your buttocks. The process involves up to 5 incisions. The result is a rounder shape and fuller feel.
- All the incisions are stitched and a compression gauze or garment applied. This reduces the chances of infections or bleeding in the sutured areas.
BBL Surgery Vs. Other Bum Augmentation Procedures
BBL surgery is growing more popular every day. However, it’s in a list of other popular bum augmentation procedures. Here are a few other methods that are worth your consideration.
Liposuction involves the use of a specially designed pump to remove excess fat from your body. It can be an ideal way to reshape voluptuous bottoms. However, it only works if you already have a defined or massive bottom.
This procedure involves augmenting the bottom with silicone implants instead of fat. In some case, silicone implants can also be used in BBL surgery for enhanced results. This procedure is more invasive and needs a longer recovery period. It may also involve a few more surgeries to maintain the shape.
Sculptra is a filler mostly used on facial procedures. This filler is pumped into the skin to add some volume effectively undoing the rigours of ageing such as wrinkles. Some surgeons incorporate into BBL Surgery to enhance the natural fill.
What Makes You A Potential Candidate For BBL Surgery?
BBL surgery may be an ideal way to attain a more desirably shaped bottom. But, it’s not for everyone, so it’s always a good idea to check with a practitioner before making any plans.
You’re a potential candidate for BBL if you:
- Don’t smoke
- Are over the age of 21
- Have a healthy body weight
- Work out regularly
- Have sufficient fat stores in your body
- Lost your body shape to weight inflation or ageing
- Lead a healthy life
- Feel weird in your clothes
- Free from infections or recent complication from surgery
- Don’t suffer from autoimmune disorders, high blood pressure or diabetes
There might be some more requirements depending on your body type and other factors. So, the best way to tell is to set an appointment for a consultation.
What Are The Benefits Of A BBL Surgery?
Women that opt for BBL surgery instead of other bum augmentations swear by the more natural and defined results. Other benefits include:
- A more definitively shaped and rounded bottom.
- It reverses some of the effects of ageing such as wrinkling and sagging.
- It balances the proportion of your backside making you more confident and comfortable in your clothing.
- BBL Surgery has lower rates of infection especially when compared to silicone but implants.
- It’s safer and more ethical than most bum augmentation procedure, hence widely available in reputable clinics.
- It removes fat from unwanted areas and redistributes it onto your bum. This helps you sculpt more than just your bum.
- The procedure is less invasive and has a shorter recovery period.
What Are The Potential Side Effects Of The Procedure?
BBL surgery has some over-whelming benefits when compared to related procedures. It especially safer and more ethical. However, the procedure also puts you under a few potential risks and unwanted side effects.
Such risks include:
- Permanent scars
- Chronic pain
- Numbness or loss of feeling in the grafted areas
- Chronic pain
- Staph infections
- Potentially fatal fat embolisms
It’s estimated that 1 out of every 3000 BBL surgeries goes wrong. So, finding a qualified and competent surgeon is quite essential. If the procedure is done incorrectly, the consequences can be fatal.
In Leah Cambridge’s case, it was a pulmonary embolism because of the procedure. This is when injected fat travels through the bloodstream eventually reaching the heart. However, you can minimise such a risk by opting for a few procedures.
What Is The Average Cost Of A BBL Surgery In The UK?
The price of a BBL surgery in the UK depends on a couple of factors. The area where the fat is removed is the key determining factor. For instance, it will cost less if the fat is extracted from your love handles compared to an area like the belly or the thighs.
BBL surgery costs range from as low as £1850 to £8,000 or higher. You might also be subject to other costs such as consultation fees and standard cost that come with a hospital stay. Some practitioners also require a deposit fee and a non-refundable consultation fee.
As you can see a BBL surgery can be an excellent way to sculpt your bum into an ideal shape. Its effects are permanent and you won’t need as many follow up procedures as in the case of silicone bum implants.
However, you’ll need to consult a practitioner to know if you’re an ideal candidate. This can save you a lot of time as well as from the associated risks of the procedure.