Telehealth And Digital Transformation Trends In Healthcare And Its Impact In 2019
The payers and sponsors of the home care industry play a key role in authenticating innovative digital endpoints with the ongoing research work. They play the pivotal role acting as the central point for simplifying collaboration between other different members of the team including:
- Data aggregators
- Wearable device OEMs and
- mHealth platform providers.
They are in fact the biggest force behind the scalability of wearable and mHealth solutions.
It is all due to the advent of the remote monitoring technologies which different vendors can use for their advantage. These vendors are:
- Site Management Organizations or SMOs and
- Patient Recruitment Organization or PROs and others.
They typically use more traditional business models but with these technologies, they will observe maximum disruption. For this reason, they will need to explore better and more effective collaboration opportunities with different vendors such as:
- The emerging virtual trial platform vendors
- Remote monitoring service providers and
- E-recruitment providers.
This will expand the capability of the care agencies as well as the home health care jobs near me as it will support the distributed or hybrid clinical trial models.
Benefits of these technologies
The use of the latest technologies has caused a digital transformation trend in healthcare for 2019. This has resulted in a lot of positive changes and benefits including:
- Patients now do not have to wait for long hours to schedule an appointment with the doctor
- Wait for days if you have to get any tests done and its results back and
- Often visit the doctor’s office over and over again to get the proper care.
Even the home care agencies find it very easy to meet with the supply and demand of the patients for home care. Thankfully, the use of technology has driven a better customer service and experience.
In fact, technology and its use in healthcare and home care is now witnessing a paradigm shift just like any other industry. The good news is that these digital transformation trends are not showing any signs of slowing down.
According to the research report of CES it is seen that:
- In 2019 and beyond such technologies will support more than ten thousand aging Americans who are more than 65 years every single day
- With the help of AI and blockchain technology, the home care agencies and hospitals will be able to monitor the health of a specific patient under any program
- It will also help them to notice any signs of deterioration allowing the older patients to age happily and live independently in their homes
It has in fact enabled the home care agencies to make up for the inadequate number of caregiving humans in different communities.
Good for patient and the industry
It shows that the digital transformation trends in healthcare and home care are good for both patients as well as the healthcare industry on the whole. This trend is even getting better and better in 2019.
Indeed, digital transformation in healthcare has revolutionized the industry just as it has across all industries. However, in healthcare industry in particular, use and implementation of technology has helped the patients to:
- Live longer and
- Lead a safer, independent, healthier, and more productive life.
As for the healthcare industries, the use of technology and digital transformation has enabled them to provide a service that is:
- More personalized and
The impact of these top digital transformations in healthcare and home care will surely save lives of patients as well as help the home care agencies to survive for decades to come.
Rise of telehealth patients
The most significant impact of technology and digital transformation in healthcare industry is that it has given rise of telemedicine and telehealth. If you consider the stats and figures of the year before and a couple prior to that you will see that:
- In 2015, the number of telehealth patients was just above 1 million and
- By the end of 2018, this number increased notably to 7 million.
There are lots of good reasons for such a significant rise in number of telehealth patients. One of the most significant reasons is that the telehealth service technology of today is empowering the patients to get an easy access to quality healthcare from even the most remote locations no matter in which part of the world. They can get lifesaving diagnosis and medical treatment not even having to fly long distances across the country and spend a lot of money to avail such care.
- That means, in a way, telemedicine or telehealth has levelled the field of healthcare both financially and geographically for the patients. It has allowed anyone and everyone to access the best available healthcare at any point of time.
- Similarly, telehealth technology saves a lot of time and cost for the doctors and even the home care agencies as well as they too do not need to travel long distances to see or provide the necessary care services to the patients living in remote locations. Doctors and home health care providers can now connect with different doctors of your locality in their network so that you are not far away from the best home care.
Ideally, this is a win-win situation for either side. Urgent care, doctor appointments, prescription drugs all are now available with a simple downloading of an app. To avail such telehealth service all you have to do is describe your symptoms, your needs and your budget to over the phone and you will get the desired service at the earliest possible time.
Digital transformation has made the entire process followed by the health care system just a couple of hours to complete. What is even more enterprising is the fact that the patients now do not have to leave the comfort of their homes, which is a huge plus for the aging patients and those who are immobile.